1. Anatomical donation is the time-of-death gift of organs and tissues for medical research and education. Anatomical donation is almost always an option, even when transplantation is not.
2. LifeLegacy only places donated organs and tissues with reputable academic, corporate, and government research and education institutions.
3. Donors and their families can take comfort in knowing their donated organs and tissues will be used to benefit so many others. Donated organs and tissues are used for:
- Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s research
- Arthritis research
- Diabetes research
- Asthma and COPD research
- MS and ALS research
- Spinal cord injury research
- Cancer research
- Drug therapy research
- Surgical education
- Surgical device development
- Bariatric and urologic surgical education
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures
- Orthopedic education